Sunday 7 September 2014

September To Be Read

I've been back to school for a week and I have read about 100 pages in total, in a week. Normally, I don't give myself "To Be Reads" for each month because I like to just read whatever I feel like. Unfortunately (but also fortunately), this school year is looking to be much busier and stressful with university applications, a co-op, producing a musical (and acting in it), looking for a job, plus school work from my other 2 classes.

Anyway, to keep myself on a good reading track I've decided to make a TBR each month to give me a loose idea of what to read! Here it is!

The first book I want to read this month is Glass by Ellen Hopkins. I just downloaded this on to my Kobo along with Fallout. I read that she has released a new book, Rumble, and I read Crank back in grade nine and thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm already a few pages into this book and I love the style of writing and the approach to such a twisted and controversial topic. It starts up just a few months after Crank leaves off and you learn more about Kristina/Bree spirals out of control again.





The next book I want to read this month is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I actually picked this book up a week ago at the flea market by my house and started flipping through and I'm about 100 pages in and really enjoying it. I've been wanting to read the book since I saw the movie and unlike most people, disliked quite a bit of it. I've heard that the book is quite different and the characters are so much more meaningful and easier to get attached to which makes me want to keep reading it, and finish it this month!




I also want to get through The Maze Runner by James Dashner this month. I actually bought this book a while back when there had been quite a lot of hype around it, and about a year before that I had attempted to read it for the first time. I found the book so boring when  first tried to read it, but there is indeed a movie coming out very soon for this book and it stars the one and only Dylan O'Brien and being the weird one I am, I must read it before I see it. So, wish me luck as I try to make it through this book.





Those are the three books that I HAVE to read this month and I will be very pleased if I finish them, now I've picked quite a few other books, some just from looking at my shelves and others from my TBR jar to take a swing at if I get the chance this month!

  • Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  • The Wishing Spell (TLOS #1) by Chris Colfer
  • Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
  • The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 
I hope ya'll have a great month back at school this September! 

See you in the future!
~ Taya

No comments:

Post a Comment